Monday, 01 November 2010 21:32
Body Composition Analysis
Why do you need a body composition analysis?
- Because body fat percentage is more important then your weight
- Because you don't have to be overweight, to be overfat.
- Because if you are exercising you may be building muscle while burring fat
- Because knowing your daily caloric needs is important
- Because knowing bone mass is vital to understanding your bone density
Standing on the scale or simply looking in a mirror is not the best way to judge body fat, nor is either method a reliable way to rate the effectiveness of lifestyle changes if you are trying to lose weight. By regularly monitoring body fat you can have a better picture of your true body composition, health and exactly how much weight you are losing.
A full Body Composition Analysis service involves collecting or measuring the following data:
All results are discussed and appropriate individual recommendations and guidelines are provided.
- Body Fat Percentage testing:
- Bio-electrical impedance test*
- Skinfold measurements with calipers
- Girth (body) measurements
- Total Body Hydration (water) Percentage
- Full Bone Mass
- Basil Metabolic Rate
- Estimated Metabolic age
- Alkaline /Acid balance **
Monitoring body composition is useful in health promotion and the treatment of overweight / obesity, diabetes, digestive disorders, kidney disease, emphysema, eating disorders and more.
This service can be provided in a singe one hour session . Please call for an appointment and further information.
*The BIA (bio-electrical impedance analysis) method is an easier and faster method of measuring body fat where a safe, low-level electrical signal is sent through the body.