5. Always get some digestive aids like yogurt, pickled fruits or vegetables, miso and other fermented items with healthy bacteria.
6. Beans have a high nutritional value, particularly when combined with rice.
7. As a general rule, try to avoid buying anything packaged, processed, or canned. Read labels very carefully and avoid hydrogenated oils, preservatives, dyes, artificial coloring, sugar, fructose, bleached flour and other harmful ingredients.
8. Fruits are best for snacks instead of low or no-fat products. Try to avoid ice cream unless it is made dairy-free with coconut milk. Also try to skip the chips and other high calorie snacks.
9. Generally avoid the dairy section. If you body is not lactose intolerant, get some goat cheese or natural yogurt (homemade offers the most benefits).
10. Remember eating well starts with shopping well, so exercise self-discipline and just try to avoid the items that you know you know are not healthy. It's easier to stay on track when there are less temptations around.